by editor | 25th January 2012 1:57 pm
Seventeen kids who have been taken into custody in Mersin following the funeral of HPG (People’s Defence Forces) guerrilla Sad?k Kaya (Rojak), four mounths ago have begun an hunger strike to denounce that they have not yet appeared before the judge.
The kids had joined the funeral of guerrilla Sad?k Kaya on 6 October 2011 together with hundreds of people.
They had been taken into custody after the funeral and accused of making propaganda for an illegal organization.
Speaking to ANF Emine Orhan, mother of jailed 16 years old Jiyan Orhan, said the kids are not in good condition. “The kids – said EMine Orhan who visit her daugther her week – have been left in a cell, no judge have called them yet”.
Mersin Human Rights Association (IHD) had released on Tuesday the worring reality of kids in prison. Indeed there are 130 kids under 18 in Mersin jail. They are all charged with “throwing stones at the police” and “joining demonstrations”.
The Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan had vowed to do “whatever it takes” to crash Kurdish resistance, “men, women, children, no matter what they are I would do whatever it takes”.
Source URL: https://globalrights.info/2012/01/seventeen-kids-on-hunger-strike-in-mersin-prison/
Copyright ©2023 Global Rights unless otherwise noted.