Guerrilla families: Bodies are beyond recognition

Distraught families were shown photos of bodies mutilated beyond recognition
Families who went to Malatya’s morgue today were only shown photos of the bodies of their children. The families said that “We are unable to identify our children’s bodies. We were shown photographs of bodies mutilated beyond recognition – they added – Indeed some of the bodies are without head.”
Only four of the bodies have been identified and reclaimed by their families so far. The bodies of other 20 HPG guerrillas are still held at the morgue in Malatya and families are unable to identify them.
“Two of the bodies were without head and some others were torn to pieces. I wasn’t able to find out which of the bodies belonged to my son” said grief- stricken Seyithan Çelik, father of HPG member Oktay Çelik.
To add grief to pain, the families of the unidentified bodies will have to give a blood sample to enable a DNA test to be carried out.
Batman-born Sezar Arslan, whose body was identified yesterday, will be buried in Mu? today.
People’s Defence Forces press office HPG-BIM has reported that at least 24 guerrillas lost their lives as a result of severe clashes and air attacks where chemical weapons were used in Guze Re?ê and Gunde Pîre areas of Çukurca district on October 22.
The statement said that the 24 bodies at Malatya Forensic Medicine Institution are those of HPG guerrillas who lost their life in these clashes. HGP remarked that researches made had confirmed the usage of napalm bombs and chemical weapons during these clashes.
The statement underlined that altogether there was a unit of a total of 35 guerrillas who were in the region during intensive air assaults, intensive chemical bombardment and clashes in Çukurca on 22-24 October. Contacts have been stopped since the bombing.
HPG released the names of 32 guerrillas in that unit, not being able to declare for sure who are those lying in Malatya.
HPG ended the statement calling on all human rights organizations and democratic institutions and establishments to demand investigation into the usage of chemical weapon.


Related Articles

Kurdistan to a stand still to remember Roboski’s victims

Thousands of Kurds took to the streets, workplaces remained closed, students boycotted schools and shutters were taken down Kurds have

Kongra Star calls for an end to the occupation of Afrin

Kongra Star issued a statement to mark the 3rd anniversary of the invasion of Afrin carried out by Turkey.

 “What we are facing in Rojava is a door in to the future” – Video Interview

In this video, Séamas Carraher, a Global Rights writer and an Irish poet is interviewed by journalist Erem Kansoy with support from the Peace in Kurdistan Campaign and the Freedom for Ocalan Campaign

No comments

Write a comment
No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write a Comment